September 23, 2008

Have you ever wondered what it would look like if you drew all over yourself with a Sharpie???

Have you ever wondered what it would look like if you took a Sharpie and drew all over yourself? Well you are in luck I can show you. It doesn’t look as cool as one might think.
A few days ago I was in the kitchen cooking dinner, trying, but with no avail, to get Paiton occupied with something other than wreaking havoc in the kitchen. Well she finally settled down in the living room playing with her toys and reading books. I finished up dinner and even had time to wash a few dishes. I was so proud of myself, acting a bit like super mom with a wonderful hot meal almost finished, a clean kitchen… that’s when I remembered that little girl of mine. Something was not quite right. You know when they are being too quiet, nothing good (except maybe an occasional nap) can ever come from those quiet times. Well let me tell you what… I walked into the TV room to find my litter Paiter covered in blue Sharpie. To give her credit, she did have a small notebook sized piece of paper covered almost completely on both sides. She at least tried to fight off the urge to use her body as a fresh piece of canvas.
I didn’t know if I should laugh or cry. After all, it did look really funny. I think she tried to draw a mustache on her face, only it happened to be on her chin.
Just then Chris called from school, he wanted me to come and pick him up. Great… now he will know I really am NOT a supermom; he will have actual proof. Oh well, there goes that title.
Chris helped me figure out how to get it off, but it was kinda confusing for the kid, because later in the week we went with some friends to an apple festival, where I let her get her hand painted. So much for the “we don’t draw on our skin, only on the paper”, speech.

3 comments:

Susanna said...

Well, you can't say that the girl isn't thorough! I can see marker even on the bottom of her foot! That happened to me once too, but I can trump your story, because not only did Kennady write all over herself, but she also managed to get the entire left side of my mom's new dresser, the back of her white leather recliner, and the footboard of her bed...I now keep all sharpies in a special cupboard above the frige and I have learned that Mr. Clean's magic eraser really is MAGIC! Paiton is such a cutie and you really are supermom no matter how much you try to pretend that you're not:)

The Batistas said...

Don't you love the things kids do? Jiovan has not drawn on himself (yet) he has only shredded one of his shirts (my favorite one) with a pair of scissors:S

Jake & Becca said...

Ha ha tha's funny my Lyndi just barely did the same thing! They are busy aren't they? Your parents were just here last night picking up your pretty red couches too! Hope you guys are doing well.