December 23, 2008

1st Born Tag

First Born Tag!!! Kimmie tagged me....

1.Where were you when you first found out that you were pregnant?
In the bathroom at my house in Riverton.

2.Who was with you?
Just me, but Chris was on the computer in the other room.

3. How did you find out that you were pregnant?
Home pregnancy test

4.What was your first reaction to finding out you was pregnant?
I was ecstatic, but Chris’ first reaction was, “Oh, are you sure?”

5. Who was the first person you told?
Chris, then a while later, Chris’ family.

6.Did you plan to get pregnant?
Yes, we had been trying for 10 months. We were going to be moving put of state so Chris could go to law school so we gave ourselves a deadline date. The day I took the test, we had 4 more days left, after that day, it would have been back to birth control.

7.Did you tell everyone else right away?
No, we waited until we went to Chris’ parent’s house for thanksgiving.

8. Was everybody happy for you?
I think so.

9. Did you go out and celebrate?
I honestly can’t remember

10.Did you want to find out the sex?
Heck Yes!!

11. Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you knew you wouldn't put on your baby?
Yes, not only did she get a lot of things, but she also was given a few things that just weren’t my/her style.

12. How much weight did you gain?
About 35 lbs.

13. What did you crave the most?
Butterfinger candy bars.

14.Did you crave anything crazy?
I don’t just love sea food and had never had crab before but one day, I needed it, BAD!!

15.Who or what got on your nerves?
I hate people touching me, and I really hate it when people would touch my stomach, but I especially hate it when strangers would try to touch my stomach. I developed karate like move to deflect their unwanted gestures.

16. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy?
No, I don’t think I have ever felt better

17.Where and when did you go into labor?
At 5:00 am I woke up for my usual potty break. Only I was hurting and didn’t know why. I waited till 5:30 then called my mom. She said to go to the hospital, and the rest is history.

18. Who drove you to the hospital?
Chris

19.Who was in the room when you gave birth?My mom and dad, Chris’ mom and dad, and my sister, the dr, and 2 nurses.

20.Did you go early or late?
Paiton was born 1 week early

21. How long were you in labor?
I didn’t start to really hurt until 7:00am, soon after that I had the epidural, then Chris and I took a 2 hour nap. Then Pater was here around 11:00am. Short answer 4 or 5 hours.

22. Did you have any drugs for the pain?
Heck yes, are you kidding!!

23. Did you go natural or have a C-section?
Natural

24.What was your first reaction after giving birth?
I was very overwhelmed. It worked out okay though, because I think that Chris felt the same way throughout my whole pregnancy, but was fine as soon as I started going into labor. We just traded emotions with each other when she was born.

25.How big was the baby?
7 lbs 12 oz, and 21 in long

26. Did your husband cry?
No, he stepped into daddy mode, and was taking care of Paiton and I.

27.What did you name the baby?
Paiton Rose Christensen

28.Does his name have any significant meaning?
Paiton came from Peyton Manning, but we changed the spelling so it would be more feminine looking. Rose came from my side of the family. The first born girl is named Rose; Paiton is the 5th generation.

29. Did you have any visitors?
Yes, lots of family and friends.

30. Did the baby have any complications?
Yes, I don’t think I was ever really told what the real problem was, but Paiter wasn’t able to breathe very well, so the last day and a half in the hospital, she had to get oxygen. The really terrible part was she had to have a clear bucket looking thing sitting over her head. It looked like a form of torture.

31. How old is your baby today?
On Christmas day she will be 2 ½ years old.

32.When is the next one coming?
Hopefully soon, I have wanted to start trying for another for the last 6-8 months, but it takes two to tango ya know.

33.If you could would you do it all over again?
Most days yes, but she is 2, so sometimes I think “remind me why we did this again“.

Tag five: Megan Finlay, Suzanna Rowley, Nikki Batista, Summer Anderson, Angela Anderson

No comments: