August 6, 2008

Kids and Prayers

I wanted to take a minute and tell you all how cool my 2 year old is. I am certain that any of you who have already met Paiton know she is gorgeous, smart, funny, and just about every other good thing a kid can be. Once in a blue moon, mostly when she is sick, she will act like a regular tantrum throwing 2 year old. But I am trying to focus on the positive here. Anyway, Chris and I are really focused on Paiton learning to say her prayers; let me just tell you how stinkin’ cute this is. Every single time we pray, (even after she tells us she is not going to pray this time) she folds her arms, bows her head, looks to make sure everybody has their eyes closed, and starts in with “unwonah, heanly fotter, jesus, daddy, mommy, airpane, gamma, papa, Jesus, AMEN!! (I still can’t tell what she is saying right at the beginning, I’ll keep working on it) Oh yeah with the “amen” part she throws her hands in the air like she has just finished hog typing a calf (If you have ever seen or been to a rodeo, you know what I am talking about). On the few occasions that she will let either one of us help her with the prayer, she will repeat the last word of every sentence or phrase we have said. I have a hard time keeping a straight face during a prayer. I love it though, we as a family have never been so excited to say prayers.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Hi Deb,
Its Mandi "Sperry". How are you? Its been years. Your family is so cute and that paiton what a doll. She really looks like a little glass doll. I'm so glad I found you. I wish you guyz the best.
Mandi

Jess's Journey to the Land Of Skinny said...

Hi Deb!!
Holy Cow it has been so so long since I have seen or talked to you. I think I saw you once in Delta at the ball fields but then didn't know if it was you or if you would want to talk but so glad that I found you in this blogging world! It looks like you have my link so I am going to add you to my list. Your little girl is adorable and love the prayer thing. Kendry is getting really good at hers and we can't even have a meal without her saying a prayer or go for a drive. Well keep up the posting and I will have to check in on you more! Don't be afraid to leave a comment too!!!

Susanna said...

Paiton is adorable! My favorite prayer of Kennady's was, "Thank you for Daddy go to work, Thank you for Mom, she makes the best food eber, except not Macoroni and Cheese because she puts peas and carrots in it, Thank you for Grandma's Macaroni and Cheese because she doesn't put peas and carrots in it....Amen" I love how kids can put a smile on your face no matter what they are doing:)

Summer said...

TOO CUTE! I LOVE little kid prayers! Logan begins every prayer with "Thank you for the dear Heavenly Fodder."

Our Blog said...

Paiton is to die for cute! i'm so glad we got to spend some time with you guys Sunday!
i just copied and pasted this post and sent it to Russ at his work, or he may never get a chance to read it! it seems like if he gets an e-mail at work, that is generally the best way to reach him! he is extra busy these days has he has a 3 day drill weekend where there are "war games" he is in charge of--for 2 battalions. he has spent possibly over 6 months preparing for it, and is still doing a few last minute things now. he said there would be black hawk helicopters there. he also just transfered to another division of contracting and is kind-of learning his job right now.