January 26, 2009

More painting fun :)

Chris and I have been very busy lately. I thought we were done with the majority of our house work, but I was clearly mistaken. I had forgotten that my husband is the type of guy who can't sit still or relax. I love that he makes himself a "honey-do-list", then completes it all on his own. I don't even have to ask. I came home one day and this is what I came home to. I didn't get a picture of the kitchen, because he had already finished priming the dark red, so my picture would have just been white walls, and that's boring, so here is the living room transformation.




























We had briefly discussed paint and what we should do, as far as touch-ups, but I am pretty certain that we never said we would do it now, or even in the very near future for that matter. It kinda stinks, because we had already painted the entire house. I was thinking we were finally finished, other than the touch up stuff...I was waaaayyyyy off. We, and by we I mean mostly Chris, has re-painted the living room, most of the ceilings through out the house, a lot of the trim throughout the house, and lastly (at least for now) the kitchen. I am quite sad about the living room and the kitchen, I loved the dark brown living room and dark red kitchen, but because we are getting ready to put our house on the market, we deiced that we need to have a more neutral color palate. Oh well, at least we had it the color we loved for the majority of the time we have been here.

Paiton has really been into markers and painting lately, I think it is partly her age, but I also think it is partially because of all the painting that has been going on around her. Her is a pic of her painting in the bathtub. I found a really easy bathtub finger paint, and she loves it. She is in that phase of not wanting to take a bath, but with bath paint, I don't even have to resort to begging.
Pay no attention to the green bathtub, it is a project in progress.

1 comment:

Susanna said...

You're getting ready to put your house on the market? What? Is Chris done with school already? You guys are moving? Where? Keep me in the loop, Deb!!