March 26, 2009

I AM "that mom"

Today I took Paiter to the library, and I became "that mom". I have never been her before (at least I don't think so), and I am not quite sure what I think about her or how to handle her. It happened something like this... So we were at the library in the "kid section". Paiter was minding her own business playing back and forth between the train table and a puppet theater thing, not bugging anybody. All of a sudden a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old, came out of left field with huge attitude. I was so totally bugged, but didn't do anything except feel bad for her parents. Well that pity soon subsided once she started in on my precious ray of sunshine:( (Do you like the theatrical presentation?!) Anyway, she ran over to the puppet theater and told Paiter she needed to leave because she needed to "put on a play by myself, and you can't watch either". Now just who did she think she was? Paiter was so funny though, she didn't really seem to understand what was going on so she just stood there starring at this little girl even though she said it a couple more times "you need to go so I can do a play by myself." Here is the part where I became "that mom", I went over to the little "puppet play" she was having and gave her a piece of my mind...kind of. I told the little girl that Paiter was just a little girl and it sure would be nice if she could share the puppets with her. Here is the part that gets me, she picked up the most ugly, dirty, tattered puppet they had, gave it to Paiter and said, "there, now go so I can do this (play)". This is where I quit feeling bad for her parents and started thinking they need to do a better job of raising their daughter. So being the good/involved parent that I am:), I told this little girl that she needs to share the theater because it is for everybody to use. Its not an exciting ending, but I always swore I would never be one of "those" moms. Well here I am "that" mom, and I am totally OK with it. Don't mess with my kid, or I am going to mess with you!! Just kidding, but please try to be nice to her and share with her. :)

2 comments:

Summer said...

I think we all have a little piece of "that mom" inside of us. Just don't mess with my kids and you won't have to see "her" come out!

Welch Mom said...

Oh, that is alright. We think we can be impartial, but when it is our kid that is a different story. I have been there.