March 6, 2009

Trash to Treasure!!!!!

This is what we have been up to for the last 2 or 3 months. I hope you like the before and afters as much as I do. I have to tell ya, it is totally amazing what a little can of spray paint can do.

Before (prepped for paint)

AfterBefore

Do you see the resemblance in this picture?

Guess how much the bedding (not counting the sheets) in this picture cost (bed skirt, duvet, & 6 pillow cases)Do you give up? I spent a whopping $15.00 My whole bedroom was done in less than $50. The most expensive thing was the rug thing that isn't really my favorite, but it does the trick. The color in the picture doesn't look quite right, but in real life it looks really good.Who would have thought you could buy an old desk and turn it into 2 matching night stands?

This is the hard wood floor in my bedroom before.Here is the exact same spot on the floor (different time of day, so the lighting was different), also known as the "after". Can you believe the difference? All that and I didn't even have to sand or refinish it. It found some really cool wood restorer and wax stuff. WOW!!I started sanding in the basement because it was sooo cold outside. I learned why this is a bad idea.
The sanding project-REMEMBER, DON'T DO IT IN THE HOUSE!!!
I will show "after" another time, I lost my camera for the moment and I haven't uploaded it yet.

The bathroom is finally finished; for the "before" pics go look at the previous post. I am sooo glad to have this one complete, and I love how it turned out. It is still SUPER SMALL, but it isn't electric yellow anymore!! I LOVE it compared to before.

I still have quite a few more to post about, but I haven't uploaded the rest of the pictures. I will save the fun for another day.

3 comments:

Welch Mom said...

Deb,
WOW! I am impressed. You are very creative contrary to what you might think or say about yourself. I want to know what you used to restore your wood floors and without sanding you said? We have wood floors and they need a pick me up, but we do not want to refinish them. Please e-mail me!

Susanna said...

Wow Deb! You guys really can do it all, AMAZING! Your budget is the most impressive part, you've always been tricky:)

Summer said...

Now you've got Bryan and me wanting to rip the yellow tile off our bathroom walls! Your bathroom looks amazing! Great job with all your projects, really. I especially love the nightstands made from a desk! I'm going to keep my eyes out for the perfect desk this summer at yard sales so that I can do it too!